Assessments administered vary depending on the needs and goals identified by the child and family. A combination of standardized assessments, skilled observation and parent interview are used.
Examples of standardized assessments that may be used include:
- Sensory Integration and Praxis Test (SIPT, Jean Ayres)
- Beery VMI 6th Edition,
- Movement Assessment Battery for Children (mABC-2),
- McMaster Handwriting Assessment (K to Gr. 6),
- Canadian Occupational Performance Measure (COPM)
- The Sensory Processing Measure (SPM for 2-5 yr olds) or Sensory Profile (5+ yr olds)
- Children's Assessment of Participation and Enjoyment (CAPE)
Upon completion of assessment, a written report will be provided to the family. Results and recommendations will be discussed at the end of the final assessment session.
Assessment services are offered at 125.00 per hour (therapy gym setting) or if suitable $110/hour in the Canada Ave office and/or community setting.
Billable hours may be:
- preparation (initial contact, reviewing paperwork, planning),
- in person or "direct" time and/or
- assessment scoring and report writing.
A typical referral ranges from 5-10 hours per assessment, depending on:
- the level of complexity of the child/situation
- the detail requested or required in written form (results/recommendations).